- Québec is Canada’s largest province by area and its second-largest administrative division.
- Québec is Canada’s second most populous province, after Ontario.
- Total area of 1,542,056 km²
- Population of over 7,900,000 people
- GDP of over US $32,400 per capita
- Québec has an advanced, market-based, and open economy.
Québec Business / Investor Immigration
All applicants must show that they are capable of becoming economically established in Canada and have the intention of settling in the Province of Québec following their acceptance. Upon provincial approval, candidates will receive a CSQ – Québec selection certificate, the official document issued by the Government of Québec, and thereafter a Canadian Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa, once health and security aspects of the application have been completed.
- The Québec Business/Investor Immigration program is a category of Canadian immigration that is available to individuals who have acquired entrepreneurial, investor, or self-employed experience.
- Business migration has three categories: Entrepreneur, Investor, and Self-Employed. Each has its own requirements and selection process.
To qualify as an investor, an individual must have a net worth of at least CA $1.6 million, have managerial experience, and be willing to make a government-secured investment of CA $800,000 for a period of 5 years. Financing of this investment is available through Canadian financial institutions.
Requirements – Investor Program
- Have, personally or combined with accompanying spouse or de facto spouse, legally obtained net assets of at least $1,600,000, excluding any amounts received by donation less than six months before the application filing date.
- Have experience in management in a legal farming, commercial or industrial business, or in a legal professional business where the staff, excluding the investor, occupies at least the equivalent of two full-time jobs, or for an international agency or a government or one of its departments or agencies.
- Intend to settle in Québec and sign an agreement to invest CA $800,000 with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate in the Investor Program.
To qualify as an Entrepreneur, an individual must have a net worth of at least CA $300,000, have managerial experience in a business that they either owned or controlled, and be willing and able to establish or acquire a business in Quebec which will create at least one incremental job in Quebec.
Requirements – Entrepreneur Program
- Have net assets of at least CA $300,000 that have been legally obtained with, where applicable, your married or common-law spouse provided he or she is accompanying you
- Have at least two years’ experience in running a business acquired during the five years preceding the date you submitted your application in a lawful and profitable business (agricultural, industrial or commercial) that you manage, alone or with your accompanying spouse or common-law spouse, controlling at least 25% of the capital equity
- Experience in running a business is here defined as the actual and full-time assuming of the responsibilities and duties related to the planning, management and control of material, financial and human resources, provided that such responsibilities and duties are not assumed in the context of an apprenticeship, training or specialization process attested to by a diploma.
Self – Employed Worker Program
To qualify as a Self-Employed person, an individual must have a net worth of at least CA $100,000, and must have work experience in the profession or trade that they intend to practice in Quebec.
Requirements – Self Employed Worker Program
- Come to Québec to create your own job by practicing a profession or trade on your own account.
- Have net assets of at least CA $100,000 that have been legally obtained with, where applicable, your married or common-law spouse provided he or she is accompanying you.
- Have at least two years of experience as a selfemployed worker in the profession or trade you plan to practice in Québec.
*Information accurate at the time of print. For latest infor mation on this prog ram, discuss with your Polinsys counselor +1 905 2795555