Northwest Territories Immigration Programs

Editorial Uncategorized

The Northwest Territories is a territory in the north central part of Canada. It works closely with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process immigrants to the territory. You will need a work permit through IRCC first to apply for immigration to the Northwest Territories.

The Employer-Driven Stream is for employers who cannot find qualified individuals already in Canada to provide work for them and want to hire international workers. You need to secure a job through an employer in the Northwest Territories to qualify. To be eligible, you need to show you have the education, skills, and experience (one year, full-time) in the job field and meet the language requirements.

The NWT Express Entry Program can help expedite the process. You would need to have a profile in the federal Express Entry system, have a Job Seeker Validation Code, and meet the criteria of the Skilled Worker program. When approved, you can receive 600 points under the program.

These programs can help you obtain Permanent Resident status in Canada. See what the Northwest Territories has to offer!